Friday, June 25, 2010

Taking a Break from World Cup


I'm taking a break from World Cup (at least I'm pretending to) for a little bit. For my long time non-listener's (still working on a nickname for the 4 of you) you know that there are few things in our tagline that mean anything. A few people complained about the last post being a puff piece. Well get ready for some hard-hitting news, because I need to take a few short moments of your precious time by telling you about a new adventure in my life.

You see when it comes to $5 Footlongs, I am very much like Bob Bradley. I have my favorite and I don't like to go off course from it. Bradley's choice sandwich is a Ricardo Clark on Bornstein Rye, and it takes him three meals before he decides to change anything. My lineup is a Spicy Italian, something Marcelo Lippi would know nothing about, on Italians Herbs and Cheese. I match up only the finest in gourmet Genoa Salami & Pepperoni with the same vegetables every time... lettuce, olives, pickles and banana peppers with their Chipotle Southwest Sauce. Once in a while I bring Jalapeno on in the 77th minute just for the free kick. On a warm day I eat it cold, on a cold day I eat it toasted. It's an old standby and a clinical finisher.

But ever since Subway started advertising the Orchard Chicken Salad sandwich, I've been a bit intrigued. Today was the day that destiny chose for me to meet up with the Orchard Chicken Salad, and to be completely honest it was kind of like Ivory Coast. It was good, but could not carry the hopes of an entire stomach on it's shoulders. All of this is aside from the fact that the Wal-MartWay no longer has $5 Footlongs (apparently North Korea has gotten to them as well). This meant I had to venture over to the Subway on the other side of Severance, uphill both ways in a snowstorm.

And then I found $5 dollars (for those of you who know what that means).


No comments:

Post a Comment