Monday, March 16, 2009

The Beverage Section 2

We hath moved on through the month, it hath now been a fortnight since I hath become years of 20 plus one. The fair city of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin hath reached with open arms towards me a flavor unmatched by the beverage of everyman. This wonderlust of flavor cometh in a 12 oz bottle of Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat.

Yes, it may be a bit citrusy, but it's okay because I am very in touch with my feminine side. I first experienced this bit of liquid heaven in the form of a draft at BW3s after my indoor soccer teams' first victory of the year, on Monday the 9th. To date it is the best beer I have had, and I am happy to call it my "old reliable"
We followed up that game with a second win on Thursday the 12th, that night I went for a pint of Newcastle Brown Ale. My hopes were high but, just like Newcastle FC, OVERRATED. I was extremely disappointed. It was just kind of there. Because I was not driving that night, I also took in my first Cleveland beer. I know all about the Great Lake Brewing Company, but I hadn't yet tried one. So I told our fearless leader and team captain to pick me something good. He hooked me up with a Holy Moses White Ale. Once again I've already decided I'm not big on the light beers, but this wasn't bad. I don't think it's one that I would consume again though.

In addition to those three, I had a Guinnnnness at dinner today with Corn Beef (St. Patrick's Day early). I also bought my first bottle of spirits, Lauder's Scotch. I'm sure I will have more to report next week, as I travel to Miami this weekend in hopes of a Sweet 16 appearance for the Vikings.

No comments:

Post a Comment