Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Training Day 2

Same thing as last time. Three good things and three bad things. I again didn't see the game, because I was at school this time. Remember don't pay much attention to this stuff, it's essentially useless, until pitchers are pitching 4 innings.

Wednesday Feb. 25, 2009 L 10-7 vs ARI
Three Up
1. Josh Barfield looks good. if he gets on track, I think he is better than Asdrubal, and I really like Asdrubal.
2. 16 runs in two games. Today they didn't rely on the longball.
2.5. Doug Davis is likely Zona's #3 this season, we hit him hard.
3. Matt LaPorta likes to swing the bat. And is being compared to Ryan Braun
Three Down
1.
Matt LaPorta likes to swing the bat. And I'm not buying comparisons to Ryan Braun at all, other than being an average fielder (read it's a good thing he wasn't a 3rd Basemen).
2. The guy playing first base, Jordan Brown, had two throwing errors. I think I'll get to see him play here for at least the first part of the season. I can accept 1 throwing error from a 1B, but 2 is kind of ridiculous.
3. A couple really bad innings by relief pitchers again. Ohka had to deal with a couple errors, but Cassel just didn't have much stuff today. Belichick must have gotten to him.

Ishikawa Udpdate- Went 1-2 with a run. I thought about his numbers a bit and 16-20 HR is not that great from a Fantasy 1B (3 in 33 games). I'm still on the bandwagon, but I'm not going to pass up Albert Pujols, Lance Berkman or even Caros Delgado for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment