Friday, April 10, 2009

RIP Nick Adenhart

There isn't really much to blog about here. It's frustrating that drunk drivers still drive and put themselves and others in dangerous situations, I can get on my high-horse about how stupid drunk-driving is, but what purpose would it serve?
I can tell you about how I've been following Nick Adenhart for the past few years, as a fantasy player, but more importantly as a baseball fan. This kid was going to be something special, I really believe that. Not just because Baseball America tells me so, but Adenhart seemed like a good kid, with a good head on his shoulders and excellent stuff. He was one of a new class of pitchers that wasn't going to change the game, but bring flare. Adenhart along with guys like Maz Scherzer, Clayton Kershaw and Brandon Morrow (until he went rogue closer on us) are guys I would to pay to see pitch. I'll watch Zambrano and Webb on TV, but the young guns are what people want to see. But even after a paragraph of that, I don't feel like I've given you any useful insight.
However, I think the thing that hits me hardest about this tragedy is tragedy itself. Unfortunately we live in a world where tragedy happens; kids bring guns to school, terrorist bomb buildings and Juliet fakes her death while Romeo never gets the memo. But sports are supposed to be our escape from the real world. Stuff like this is not supposed to happen, NFL Players are not supposed to drown on fishing trips, fans are not supposed to be trampled in stampede, team buses and planes are not supposed to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment